OFSTED Report for The Laurels Nursery School
Our April 2016 Ofsted review highlighted a number of key strengths that both the management team and staff at The Laurels Nursery School in Queniborough help to maintain.
Below are some of the key findings highlighted in our recent Ofsted report in which we were rated as 'GOOD':
- There is a wide range of resources, the quality of teaching is good and activities are based on children's interests. Children make good progress in their learning and development.
- The atmosphere at the nursery is welcoming and homely. Staff establish warm relationships with children. They help children to settle quickly when they first start at the nursery.
- Displays of family photographs enable staff to talk to children about significant people and events in their lives. This helps children have a very strong sense of belonging in the nursery
- Staff are positive role models who provide gentle guidance and praise, helping children to behave well.
- Self-evaluation is used consistently to improve the quality of the provision. Staff work very well as a team and are highly committed to constantly providing the best experiences they can for the children in their care.
You can download our latest Ofsted report here.
Leadership and management are a strength of the nursery. There is a high percentage of qualified staff who, overall, use their training to enhance children's experiences.
Ofsted Report April 2016
The Laurels Nursery School is rated 'GOOD' by Ofsted